Monday, May 01, 2006

Upon arriving home after work, E inquires of M how he behaved today. Were you good or bad for Uncle D? I was good and bad, says he. I give him props for honesty.

I've been trying to expand the food groups, with some limited success today. I told M I would give him a piece of chocolate if he tried a bite of the chicken curry I cooked for E and myself (side note: he and L found the dismembering of the chicken to be a delightfully disgusting spectacle). Can I just have the chocolate? No, it's a bribe. What's a bribe? Man, these kids are going to have the best vocabulary.

He ended up actually accepting a spoonful of the chicken curry, only to spit it out distatefully and complain of the spiciness. Still, it's progress. Hooray for me.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of vocabulary and context, make sure M knows he is good, always, even if he occasionally does things that are ... not so good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home