Friday, April 14, 2006

Yesterday, we ventured out of the house for the first time. Lacking car seats still, we could only make it as far as the neighborhood park, but that was a fun change of pace and occupied the better part of two hours. As I'm learning, when you want to go somewhere with children, pad your time estimates with at least a half an hour on either end.

The park was fun, we did slides and monkey bars and swings and such. There were a couple of girls with their mom when we arrived. The mom and I smiled and exchanged pleasantries. Unclear on the social protocol of parental playground interaction, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to let the children go and continue to talk with the mom, or do what I did and follow L around the playground.

There was a guy cleaning his pimped-out ride (a Toyota Corolla, unless I miss my guess) pumping out some tunes while he did so. What's he doing? enquired L. I explained he was cleaning his car so he could go try to pick up girls. Why? Because that's what boys do. What's that sound? That is the sound of hip-hop, my child. What's it saying? I don't know, but it's probably something about fast cars and girls. Why? Why? Why? I love this job.

Some teenaged gangsta wannabes showed up and started trying to play basketball. Much as I wanted to throw down and embarass them in front of their girlfriends, well, I had my charges to consider. So we took the scenic route back to the house instead, discussing dandelions and doggies.

2 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unsure about the Toyota? Corolla? Ask M.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger geeknanny said...

M was also unsure of the make and model. Perhaps the sweet rims and spoiler threw him off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home